Make your move
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic responsibilities of the Machinist include:
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders
- Ability to calculate tolerances using mathematics and measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Measure, examine, and test completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations to fabricate product.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information
- Evaluate experimental procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup production
- Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs
- 2 plus years of CNC Lathe, milling machine experience
- Knowledge of job specific software such as Auto Cad and/or Gibbs Cam
- Industrial or Mechanical Experience
- 2-4 year Technical Degree or technical school training
Keywords: machinist, tool room machinist, maintenance machinist, tool room, tool and die, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, mechanical maintenance, industrial maintenance, lathe, CNC
Share this job with others