Make your move
- Carry through to completion the construction and repair of all kinds of metal parts, tools, machines, and attachments.
- Change lay-out and set-up of the various machines and mechanical equipment in the plant as directed by supervisor.
- Perform duties such as assembling, dismantling, moving, installing or repairing to blueprint specifications.
- Use all machinist hand tools skillfully; including: scrapers, chisels, files and measuring instruments.
- Set-up and operate all machine tools including lathes, milling machines, grinders, and shapers.
- Possess knowledge of shop mathematics, use of charts and tables, knowledge of dimensions and uses of standard bolts, screws, threads and taper pins, and efficient planning of shop work
- Must be familiar with the working properties of such metals as aluminum, brass, cast iron and various steels. Shape metal parts to precision dimensions within close tolerances as specified.
- Grind machine tools as required.
- Fabricate tools, fixtures, and various holding devices as required.
- Follow prepared sequence of operations in machining parts.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Experience working as a machinist in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Thorough understanding of operating principles of all assigned equipment
- Requires a basic technical knowledge sufficient to resolve complicated and mechanical problems requiring the use of complicated drawings and specifications and shop mathematics.
- Tool usage: extensive knowledge of hand tools and machine tools required
Share this job with others