Make your move
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer plays a key role in designing a wide range of commercial cooking equipment. The engineer has the opportunity to be involved with implementing and supporting new products, product improvements, product enhancements, customization, solving customer related problems, creating new processes, and assist with other engineers or engineering disciplines. In addition, the engineer will design extensions to current product lines to meet the needs of a diverse customer base, as well as finding creative solutions to application problems that occur on our new and mature products.
- Work on complex, less clearly defined projects under limited supervision.
- Conduct and participate in periodic reviews of work output.
- Apply knowledge to analyze complex system issues and then take action.
- Assist in creating product requirements and conducts technical feasibility studies.
- Create system design requirements, detailed technical specifications, and risk management.
- Estimate the costs, resources, and time to complete a project.
- Verify the specifications and prototypes by designing and reviewing test cases.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project objectives are met.
- Improve skills and product knowledge by getting additional training and continued education.
- Mentor level I & II Software Engineers.
- Responds to internal/external inquiries about the technical aspects of our products.
- Champion internal process improvements and helps create a roadmap to drive change.
- Complete tasks that support the overall schedule and clearly communicates status.
- Assist in the development of user/tech manuals as needed.
- Follow best practices and all regulatory procedures for ISO, UL, CE, and others as required.
- Maintain an organized and clean lab/project environment.
- Take overall responsibility for designing and implementing system specifications and formal representations of solutions used to create, modify, test, debug, deploy, and maintain system software that operates hardware and/or interacts with the product user or automated system.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and revise existing system logic and software as necessary.
- Deliver internal and/or external technical presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years engineering experience
- Collaborative style and a passion for learning, laughing, and achieving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to do technical presentations with a wide audience including customers and executives
- Ability to run small to medium size projects
- Intermediate experience with source control and Eclipse based development tools
- Comfortable developing/implementing bootloaders, low level drivers, libraries, and BSPs
- Expert in C/C++
- Advanced experience with state machines
- Advanced knowledge of what interrupts are and how they work
- Excellent understanding of Boolean and hexadecimal math
- Excellent understanding of multi-tasking and how to debug
- Excellent understanding of digital and analog electronics
- Excellent understanding of microprocessor internals
- Strong knowledge working with RTOS and/or embedded Linux
- Advanced ability to develop and debug code for timers, PWM, real-time clocks, PID
- Excellent understanding of UART/USART, RS232, RS485, Modbus, CAN, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, Flash, EEPROM, and ADC/DAC
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to perform advanced electronics debugging/troubleshooting, use a debugger to perform complex operations and effectively use a multimeter and an oscilloscope
- Ability to design complex systems and create system documentation
- Strong understanding of HMI programming
- Ability to design and implement wireless data communications (Wi-Fi, Zigbee, Bluetooth)
- Experience with IoT solutions, edge and cloud computing (desired)
- Intermediate knowledge of networking architectures and security concepts (desired)
- Automated testing (desired)
Compensation includes full benefits, 401k with matching, paid vacation, a generous relocation package, and additional bonuses.
Share this job with others