Make your move
Software Engineering Manager
The Software Engineering Manager plays a key role in leading a team to develop a wide range of commercial cooking equipment. The Manager has the opportunity to be involved with implementing and supporting new products, product improvements, product enhancements, customization, solving customer related problems, creating and overseeing new processes, and developing other engineers. In addition, the Manager will be involved in design extensions to current product lines to meet the needs of a diverse customer base, review creative solutions to application problems that occur on our new and mature products, and research new or emerging technologies.
- Build and lead teams to deliver firmware and software for world-class products.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Understand and drive implementation of FW/SW development practices across teams and projects.
- Conduct and participates in periodic reviews of work output.
- Create product requirements and conducts technical feasibility studies.
- Create system design requirements, detailed technical specifications, and risk management.
- Estimate the costs, resources, and time to complete a project.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project objectives are met.
- Improve skills and product knowledge by getting additional training and continued education.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to other engineers as needed.
- Respond to internal/external inquiries about the technical aspects of our products.
- Champion internal process improvements and helps create a roadmap.
- Follow best practices and all regulatory procedures for ISO, UL, CE, and others as required.
- Take overall responsibility for designing and implementing system specifications and formal representations of solutions used to create, modify, test, debug, deploy, and maintain system software that operates hardware and/or interacts with the product user or automated system.
- Provide detailed technical reports to the team and management including presentations to small and large groups.
- Train, mentor and coach junior level engineers in their professional development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Technical leadership experience in C/C++ development targeting ARM processors and SoCs.
- 5+ years of experience managing the technical development of firmware/software and 5+ years of experience on firmware development.
- 5+ years in the food service industry preferred
- Collaborative style and a passion for learning, laughing, and achieving
- Ability to teach and provide technical leadership to other Software Engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Advanced experience with source control and Eclipse based development tools
- Advanced ability to develop/implement bootloaders, low level drivers, libraries, and BSPs
- Expert in C/C++
- Excellent understanding of digital and analog electronics
- Excellent understanding of microprocessor internals
- Advanced knowledge working with RTOS and/or embedded Linux
- Expert ability to develop and debug code for timers, PWM, real-time clocks, PID
- Excellent understanding of UART/USART, RS232, RS485, Modbus, CAN, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, Flash, EEPROM, and ADC/DAC
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to perform advanced electronics debugging/troubleshooting, use a debugger to perform complex operations and effectively use a multimeter and an oscilloscope.
- Design complex systems and create system documentation
- Advanced ability to design and implement wireless data communications (Wi-Fi, Zigbee, Bluetooth)
- Experience with IoT solutions, edge and cloud computing
- Intermediate knowledge of networking architectures and security concepts
- Automated testing (desired)
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
Share this job with others