Make your move
please email resumes to email@example.com
This person should be able to work in teams, as well as independently, report and track status as well as understand the mechanics and functionality of machining systems mostly in the automotive industry. Must have experience of control systems, PLC’s and Servo controls, and a good understanding of how other systems are integrated and controlled from PLC. Experience with programming robots and vision systems is an asset and the willingness to go the extra mile are key skills for this exciting and challenging role.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Mechatronics technician and or a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field of experience or equivalent work experience in the field required. Plus, extensive electrical control experience in a machine tool industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Ideal candidate knows, understands and applies safe work practices, including lock-out / tag-out as well as safety practices relevant to the Electrical skill set
- PLC Operation/Troubleshooting
- Update PLC Programs using supplied software
- Edit PLC programs
- Instrumentation troubleshooting (including use of PLC)
- Complex systems understanding
- Adjust sensing devices
- Able to manage work requirements and prioritize task completion in breakdown situations
- Able to complete tasks involving the application of multiple skill sets
- Advanced troubleshooting skills including PLC and repair of production machinery
- Plan and scope wiring requirements
- Able to work in a self-directed fashion without significant supervisory support / direction.
- Working understanding of NEC and local code references, perform component sizing (wire, heaters, motors, starters, etc.) using code book
- Set-up, adjust production machinery
- Read / understand technical drawings, schematics, ladder logic
- Properly use basic hand tools and power tools
- Replace motors
- Replace breakers and starters
- Repair / replace switches, solenoids, photo eyes
- Replace fuses, and disable electrical power
- Machine and system lubricating
- Service plant facilities (air compressors, vacuum systems, blowers)
- Hydraulics systems service
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Share this job with others