Make your move
Our client is one of the largest manufacturers of metal, plastic, and fiber containers in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. Their diverse products and broad geographic reach (50 plants throughout North America) have made them a market leader in the general line packaging industry. They are an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
They are looking for a qualified Project Engineer based in Texas.
The Project Engineer serves both administrative and technical functions:
- REQUIRED SKILLS: Excellent Knowledge in PLC, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Troubleshooting Machinery, Electrical, Project Management Improvements, Budgets, AutoCAD and 50% travel required.
- The administrative functions include organization and maintenance of project documentation, drawing and design databases, as well as project schedule management and budgetary considerations
- The technical functions include design and troubleshooting of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, continuous improvement and safety initiatives
- Willingness to travel for projects on short notice
- Act as technical lead in design, installation, troubleshooting and upgrades of equipment and processes
- Manage Engineering and Plant Maintenance Projects to achieve desired results and conclude within agreed budget and timeline
- Manage and perform physical installation of equipment during moves and upgrades
- Assist Maintenance in identifying and resolving problems
- Physically troubleshoot and repair production equipment to ensure order fulfillment is achieved
- Investigate equipment failures/faulty operations with improvement recommendations
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve equipment performance and operations
- Various other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 5 years prior Industrial Mechanic or Field Service experience with Project Engineering and project management experience
- Must have basic drafting experience using AutoCad
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Must be able to design and troubleshoot, excellent knowledge in using PLCs
- Must be able to troubleshoot hydraulics, electrical, pneumatic using schematics, prints and diagrams
- Mechanical Engineering or Technical degree a plus
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. overhead
- Ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform duties
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles
and outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- The work environment can be very hot, over 90 degrees.
- Vision: 20/20 corrected and normal hearing range
Contact Read at email@example.com
Share this job with others