Make your move
Business Development (Packaging Systems)
Our client is one of the leading packaging manufacturers (consumables and systems) in the United States. They have an exciting opportunity for a motivated hunter to grow their career within their renowned sales vertical. The Business Development Specialist (BDS) will be integral to growing our client’s top-line in your market.
Product focus is protective packaging (paper crumblers and plastic pillows)… this company provides and maintains the machinery, then sells the consumables.
– Strong base + variable compensation package, with OTE for year 1 in the 70-100k+ range… plus vehicle and expense allowances.
– Outside sales role, where you will be out in your market getting in front of customers on a daily basis.
– Tons of professional growth opportunities for top performers.
– Robust internal training program.
– Highly structured sales process, increasing odds of success.
• Act as the solution “expert” for the markets and applications for the assigned product.
• Accountable for Revenue and Net CM$ quotas for assigned product(s) within assigned territory, while working with Territory Managers, Division Product leaders, Product Management, Markets Solutions, and Systems/Service teams.
• Prospect key end users, as assigned by Manager, within assigned territory.
• Support Distributor Sales Reps at the end user to close business.
• Assist Territory Manager, as the solution expert, to close end user business and distributor conversions.
• Once prospects are qualified, manage through sales cycle until close of business.
• Coordinate with Territory Business Managers and Director of Sales the appropriate distribution partner to service the closed business.
• Partner with distributors to identify complex end user opportunities and appropriate solutions as directed by manager.
• Train Distributor Sales Reps on the features, benefits, and application solutions of the product line. Business Development Specialist is required to be knowledgeable with company products, features, functionalities, capabilities, and distribution channels. Must be capable of effectively communicating the company value to our customers.
• Provide guidance and expertise in client meetings regarding implementation and execution, best practices, products and features, partnerships, etc.
• Act as a field feedback loop for product development.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Must have a “hunter” mentality and competitive drive.
• BA or BS Degree required from accredited university or college.
• Minimum 2 years business development or sales experience in a related field. Prefer industrial or packaging sales.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must demonstrate strong and consistent attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a positive “customer service” mindset – team player. Work independently or in team setting.
• Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Must be able to travel by air or vehicle independently.
Share this job with others