Make your move
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 100 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation’s largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for an Environmental Manager to join our client’s growing team.
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at email@example.com
- Develop best practice systems and EHS plans for 6 locations. Maintain all compliance documentation.
- Lad effective goal-setting and communication to make EHS priorities, performance and corrective actions visible
- Train in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules
- Facilitate job safety and process hazard analysis, in the design phase and pre-startup safety review. Drive use of inherently safer and fail-safe engineering designs.
- Lead audits, inspections, incident investigations and follow-up, including OSHA 300/300A-301 requirements.
- Lead EHS qualification for new sites. Provide EHS support for problem solving including site inspections and audits.
- 5+ years of experience in Environmental, Safety, and/or Quality management
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the Quality, Health, Safety or Engineering disciplines
- 3+ years of experience in leadership
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and requirements
- Ability to travel in support of various locations is required
- 10 years combined experience in engineering, environmental management, permitting, consulting, and industrial environmental engineering. Minimum 5 years environmental related work.
- 10 years of experience in quality, environmental and/or safety management.
- Technical Degree in a related field
- Demonstrated mastery of the following:
- Technical sustainability material including EPD’s and product transparency
- EPA Regulatory Compliance including permitting
- OSHA Regulatory Compliance including standards and reporting
- Process Safety Management/Risk Management Process for Chemicals
- Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems
Keywords: Env, Eng, steel, industry, baghouse, environmental manager, environmental engineer, environment, environmental, environmental compliance, safety, steel, manufacturing
Share this job with others