Make your move
We are currently seeking a Field Engineer III in Jacksonville, FL. to join our family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Recognizes change conditions with respect to the contract and notifies appropriate parties
- Ensures all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications, coordinates inspections and testing
- Assists with constructability reviews and value engineering functions
- Assembles construction financial data; monitors costs; tracks costs for force accounts
- Assists in the definition of contract bid packages, coordinating scopes of work, and in preparing the packages
- Creates correspondence to owners, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects, etc
- Assist project personnel with daily job reports and schedule monitoring
- Prepares drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Completes appropriate paperwork for new field hires
- Ensures correct setup and maintenance of filing system
- Maintains job costing system and updates systems to reflect forecasts; creates margin reporting
- Takes weekly jobsite photographs
- Maintains RFI Logs and timely response to job questions
- Maintains as-built drawings; posts RFI, bulletin and ASI as appropriate
- Assists with pre-construction activities as needed (construction planning and design; interpretation of design and drawings; application of construction methods; bid packages).
- Assists in project close-out activities
- Develops, implements, and administers project engineering procedures and other work documents; tracks and logs documentation
- Assists and preparing project status reports and participates in project status meetings; assists in the development of meeting minutes
- Maintains all safety records
- Interprets designs and drawings; prepares takeoffs; researches and recommends resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, and errors.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, employees). Maintain relationship to ensure needs are met and problems/conflicts are resolved.
- Communicates and reinforces the Company vision, mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University; or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Share this job with others