Make your move
The production line mechanic will be responsible for all production maintenance, including product quality control, line maintenance, and repair of line machinery and equipment. This role involves applying mechanical expertise in determining work methods and procedures for producing quality product. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions and safety policies, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
- Examine machine controls to install plate changeovers and start up machines for production needs when required
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production equipment and machinery
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable logic controllers, power supplies, Variable frequency drives and peripheral circuitry.
- Observe and listen to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of problem
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Lubricate and clean machinery and support equipment to maintain housekeeping and preventive maintenance standards within the plant
- Document and track changeover times and record
- Accomplish all work orders to maintain safety; reduce downtime; decrease scrap; improve quality production; and improve plant efficiency
- Follows all safety rules and procedures including Lockout/Tagout program, housekeeping, and 5S standards and observes the operations to insure a safe work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required. Two-year technical degree/certificate or 5 years experience working maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interpret documents such as procedure manuals, blue prints, schematics, charts, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices including amp meters, Digital multimeters, and hydraulic gauges.
- Basic welding and fabricating of items as needed.
- Basic understanding of systems, equipment and schematics
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Basic mathematical skills used to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use decimals and fractions
- Ability to perform work in a mature and professional manner, demonstrate personal responsibility, and perform all assigned duties
Share this job with others