Make your move
Mold Process Technician
Startup and troubleshooting of injection molding machines. Monitor productivity of the molding process, production, scrap. Optimize injection molding process for improvements to increase efficiency, improve product quality and reduce scrap. Perform color changes, changeovers of auxiliary equipment, set up and troubleshooting of downline and other automated equipment.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at BWay are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any / all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list:
● Initial setup and maintenance of injection molding process parameters (hardcopies). Complete Process sheets, process change logs, line clearances, first piece inspection.
● Startup equipment and adjust process settings until first off qualification is complete.
● Monitor molding operations to ensure optimum product quality and machine efficiency.
● Identify opportunities for process/cost/ cycle time improvements.
● Work with maintenance in identifying mold problems, press issues, resin supply problems.
● Maintain a safe and healthy work environment with adherence to health and safety policies and regulations.
● Respond to production problems on the floor. Troubleshoot and adjust equipment.
● Attend to problems with support equipment where capable.
● Assist in the training of and mentoring of new process technicians, and press operators when necessary.
● Audit of all presses in your assigned work area daily.
● Create process setup sheets as needed and maintain data in the mold book.
● Verify processes are running to corporate standards.
● Enter SPC data into infinity.
● Monitor cycle times and correct to bring back to standard cycle.
● Startup of injection molding machine after a mold change.
● Perform color changes.
● Document setup sheets.
● Document machine changes as they are made real time.
● Scrap reduction.
● Verify correct resin is being used and change as necessary.
● Insure proper GMP is being followed.
● Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
● As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
● Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
● Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
● Assisting Maintenance.
● A majority of critical thinking tasks can be completed effectively
Education and Experience Requirements:
● Experience and demonstrated knowledge and troubleshooting skills in injection molding processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a cooperative environment.
● Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and good manufacturing practices.
● Good knowledge and understanding of product requirements and specifications.
● Good verbal and written communication skills.
● Good mathematical and organizational skills.
● Full understanding of the production schedule.
● Must comply with quality, PPE requirements and safety and understand the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
Interested? Contact Read Allen at email@example.com.
Share this job with others