Make your move
The Superintendent is the Company’s representative assigned the responsibility and authority for daily coordination and direction of the project so that it is safe, within budget, on schedule, to the Company’s quality standards, and to the customer’s satisfaction. To accomplish this, he/she must conceptualize a plan of how to construct the project and must ensure that the daily and weekly activities are consistent with this plan.
– ENR Top 20 General Contractor in the US
– Average employee tenure of 13 years
– Employee owned company with ESOP
– Non-travel position with all local work in the D.C. Metro area
– Paid Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
– Vehicle or Vehicle allowance with substantial annual performance bonus
- Safety – Safety planning is to be included in all pre-job planning and considered foremost in the daily operations. All project, governmental and Company safety regulations and requirements shall be enforced by the PS.
- Quality – The superintendent is responsible for all quality control on the project, both Company and subcontractors. Any repetitive quality problems with a subcontractor or vendor should be called to upper management’s attention. The Company has a policy and past record of providing high quality work and this high-quality standard is to be maintained on each project.
- Job Planning – Development and implementation of the pre-job plan. Make course corrections to the plan as required. Create material handling and site utilization plans.
- Scheduling – Participate in the project scheduling to the extent necessary to ensure that it is “his/her schedule” and that it complies with the job planning.
- Mobilization – Complete specific tasks as assigned in pre-job planning sessions.
- Coordinate and supervise all project Company workforces including employment of laborers and craft persons. The superintendent has the authority to hire and fire all hourly paid personnel under their direct supervision. This also includes the indoctrination of foreman and holding them accountable.
- Develop area superintendents, engineers, foremen and craft persons.
- Personnel evaluation, development, and retention. The superintendent will be consulted in the assignment of salaried staff. He or she is responsible for defining what is expected (goal setting), providing feedback to, and evaluating salaried personnel under his or her direction. He or she is to recommend promotion, transfers, or termination according to the project’s needs and personnel evaluations.
- Coordinate and schedule all subcontractors – Hold weekly scheduling meetings with all subcontractors’ foremen.
- Develop form detailing and special construction methods for job efficiency.
- Maintain accurate time keeping and cost records. The next job you build may be bid on the basis of your cost record.
- Study labor recaps and cost controls carefully to determine areas needing special attention and initiate changes and procedures to bring costs back into budget.
- Expedite vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis. Use the project manager for assistance with major or unusual delivery performance problems.
- Material Receiving – Be sure that material received is properly inspected for quantity and quality, and that the receiving tickets are properly signed and coded and given to the jobsite administrator.
- Owner Relations – Participate in the Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings. Along with the project manager, ensure Owner and Owner’s representatives are aware of changes to schedule, potential conflicts, etc.
- Be sensitive to special requirements of the customer or neighbors to ensure satisfactory relations.
- Maintain Project Logs.
- Working knowledge of how the VDC Scope of Work, VDC Execution Plan, and VDC deliverables align with the project planning strategies related to field operations (i.e., schedule, model coordination for submittals, constructability review, installation validation, BIM to Field Layout, Field Layout to BIM). Ability to review and navigate within the current 3D model viewing and scheduling software and collaborate with the VDC team.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Share this job with others